From City of Milwaukie
The Umbrella Parade & Tree Lighting will be held on Saturday Dec. 7th.
The Winter Solstice Bonfire & Christmas Ships will be held on Saturday Dec. 14th.
Milwaukie Umbrella Parade & Tree Lighting
Saturday, December 7th
Decorate an umbrella in the theme of your choice and join us for the Milwaukie Umbrella Parade and Tree Lighting on Saturday, December 7th, 2013!
- Convene in the Waldorf School School parking lot by 3:30 p.m. (21st and Monroe).
- Parade will march at 4:00pm–heading up 21st Ave, turning at Washington then back down Main
- Tree Lighting will follow at City Hall around 4:30pm
The Milwaukie High School Marching band will lead the procession up Main Street and back to City Hall where the festivities will be capped with carols from the MHS choir, the Tree Lighting and refreshments. City Hall is located a 10722 SE Main Street.
Santa Claus will join the festivities and free treats will be served!
Winter Solstice Bonfire and Christmas Ships
Saturday, December 14th
Our bonfire event, including entertainment and concessions (for purchase), will be held from 4:30pm-6:30pm. According to the Christmas Ship scheduleboth fleets will leave RiverPlace Marina (downtown Portland) headed to Lake Oswegoat 5:00pm. They will pass by Milwaukie around 5:45pm, subject to weather and river conditions.
• View The Christmas Ships around 5:45 p.m.
• Purchase Hot Cocoa, Coffee, Hot Dogs & Desserts
• Listen To the Dickens Carolers & MHS band performances
• Warm By the Bonfire
Due to parking restraints, please park on the east side of McLoughlin and walk to the event.
For more information about either event please call Beth Ragel at (503) 786-7568.