- Dec. 2, 2012 – Venue change for DEQ Hearing for Columbia River Coal Export Proposal. Details.
- Nov. 12, 2012 – Power Past Coal Coal Export Hearings in Dec. 2012 flyer posted.
- Oct. 16, 2012 – Milwaukie City Council passes 5-0 a resolution to oppose coal transport through Milwaukie.
- Sept. 27, 2012 – NDA post letter to Milwaukie City Council to oppose coal trains.
- Sep. 23, 2012 – Added community forum for Sept. 27, 2012, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Milwaukie High School Auditorium.
- Sept. 18, 2012 – Milwaukie City Council key dates regarding discussions on coal trains:
- Sept. 18, 7 p.m., Milwaukie City Hall: Public Comment taken in Regular Session.
- Sept. 25, 5 p.m., Milwaukie City Hall: Representatives of the Port of Coos Bay to attend Study Session. Public welcome to attend, but public comment will not be taken at this meeting.
- Oct. 2, 7 p.m., Milwaukie City Hall: Presentation by Milwaukie Coal Task Force at Council’s Regular Session. Council deliberates and provides staff direction after public comment.
- Oct. 16, 7 p.m., Milwaukie City Hall:Council discusses resolution during Regular Session. Public comment to be taken before vote on resolution.
- For those who’d like to weigh-in on this issue, the City has dedicated the following email address: email@example.com
- Aug. 23, 2012 – The Ardenwald-Johnson Creek Neighborhood Association made a motion and unanimously opposed coal trains passage to the Coos Bay coal terminal, and recommend the Milwaukie City Council to oppose coal trains through Milwaukie. A sub-committee will draft a letter expressing the neighborhood opposition to coal trains. No one in attendance at the Aug. 21, 2012, special meeting spoke in favor for coal trains.
Additional Web Links
(Website links does not constitute endorsement.)